Nutrition and Feeding of Organic Pigs
List price: £95.00
About this book
Organic animal production has increased rapidly in recent years to keep up with the increasing consumer demand for organic meats. There are many guidelines and restrictions on what go into the feedstuffs of organically farmed animals, from which difficulties arise when trying to ensure a well balanced nutritious diet.
The first comprehensive text on feeding organic pigs, this book presents advice on formulating appropriate diets and integrating them into organic pig production systems. It outlines the international standards of organic feeding, the breeds of pig that are most suitable for organic farming, up to date information on the nutritional requirements of pigs, and examples of diets formulated to organic standards.
- Description and Background
- Aims and Principles of Organic Pig Production
- Elements of Pig Nutrition
- Approved Ingredients for Organic Diets
- Diets for Organic Pig Production
- Choosing the Right Breed and Strain of Pig
- Integrating Feeding Programs into Organic Production Systems
- Conclusions and Recommendations for the Future
Ideal for organic producers and agencies and organizations serving them, as well as researchers, students, regulatory agencies, feed manufacturers, feed supply companies, agricultural advisory personnel and veterinarians
About the Author
R Blair, University of British Columbia, Canada
There are no reviews for this book - be the first to review it by using the form below.
Additional informationISBN13: 9781845931919
Delivery costs for this book
This books weighs: 900g
|Rest of World||£9.50|