Nutrition of the Performance Horse
About this book
This publication contains the proceedings of the 1st biannual European Workshop on Equine Nutrition.
It includes outlines of the recommended allowances for equines for energy and nitrogen nutrition intake in various European countries (France, Germany, Nordic countries and The Netherlands), where INRA or NRC systems are used. These outlines are given as main reports. Secondly, the book includes a synthesis on intake regulations, which is also given as a main report. Finally, the book contains the minutes of the different round tables conducted on energy, nitrogen and intake.
All these materials provide a very good basis for further discussion of the scope of the working group on Equine Nutrition of the horse commission of the European Association for Animal Production.
- Foreword 7
- Representations of equestrian structures managers on horse nutrition 11 Franck Rémond
- European systems used for evaluating the energy requirements of performance horses 15
- Digestible energy requirements of horses for maintenance and work 17 Gary D. Potter
- The German system (digestible energy) 23 Ellen Kienzle
- Evaluation and expression of energy allowances and energy value of feeds in the UFC system for the performance horse 29 W. Martin-Rosset and M. Vermorel
- The Dutch net energy system 61 Andrea D. Ellis
- The Scandinavian adaptation of the French UFC system 69 Dag Austbø
- A comparison of energy feeding systems for horses 79 Derek Cuddeford
- Voluntary food intake by horses 89 Derek Cuddeford
- European systems used for evaluating the protein requirements of performance horses 101
- Evaluation and expression of protein allowances and protein value of feeds in the MADC system for the performance horse 103 W. Martin-Rosset and J.L. Tisserand
- The Dutch net protein system 141 Andrea D. Ellis
- Evaluating the protein requirements of horses: The German system for digestible crude protein 143 M. Coenen
- Protein requirements of horses for maintenance and work 149 Gary D. Potter
- Evaluating the protein requirements of performance horses: A comparison of practical application of different systems 157 Dag Austbø
Ideal for: nutritionist, students, advisors and others involved in equine nutrition
There are no reviews for this book - be the first to review it by using the form below.
Additional informationISBN13: 9789076998374
Delivery costs for this book
This books weighs: 318g
|Rest of World||£9.50|