Poultry Diseases Influenced by Gastrointestinal Health
List price: £35.00
About this book
Poultry Diseases Influenced by Gastrointestinal Health: Traditional Treatments and Innovative Solutions
In this book poultry diseases that are directly related to the gastrointestinal tract, as well as diseases that are not directly but that could be influenced by the intestinal health are covered. In addition, the impact of human pathogens harboured by poultry is also discussed. As a background to understand the covered topics, basic insights in poultry anatomy, plysiology and immunology are given. The book also contains pictures that aid in the description of poultry anatomy, digestive physiology and poultry diseases.
- Introduction to Gut Health
- Basic introduction to the anatomy and physiology of the digestive systems
- Immune functions of the gastrointestinal tract
- Modulating the gastrointestinal ecosystem
- Diseases in poultry directly influenced by gut health
- Diseases in poultry indirectly influenced by gut health
- Diseases in humans caused by bacterial infections vectored by poultry
About the Author
Dr. Lorenzoni graduated as Doctor of Veterinary Medicine at Universidad de Chile in Chile, obtained a M.Sc. degree in Animal Science at McGill University in Canada, and a Ph.D. degree in Poultry Science at the University of Arkansas in USA where he also pursued Post-Doctoral training in the field of intestinal health of poultry.
Dr. Lorenzoni is currently based in Austria as Technical Manager for probiotics at Biomin one the leading feed additives manufacturers.
There are no reviews for this book - be the first to review it by using the form below.
Additional informationISBN13: 9781899043408
Delivery costs for this book
This books weighs: 275g
|Rest of World||£9.50|