Recent Advances in Animal Nutrition 2013
List price: £65.00
About this book
This book contains the proceedings of the 45th University of Nottingham Feed Conference.
The Ruminant section is concerned with improving efficiency of dairy systems whilst reducing environmental impact. The first chapter reviews effects of low protein diets. The second and third discuss mineral nutrition with particular emphasis on copper supplementation. The fourth reviews impacts of pre-calving nutrition on cow and calf health. The fifth compares systems based on home-grown feeds or by-products. The sixth presents prediction models for milk production responses to nutrition.
The General section starts with a chapter on global trends in feed and milk prices. The second describes the FeedPrint tool for calculating carbon footprint of animal feeds. The third provides an update on legislation affecting the animal feed industry.
The non-ruminant section is concerned with environmental impact and health of pigs and poultry. The first chapter presents life cycle analysis of dietary options in broiler production. The second presents results of trials on peas and beans in pig diets. The third reviews gut health and immunity in piglets. The fourth discusses effects of diet on gut health in pigs. The fifth describes the importance of pig health on production efficiency. The final chapter reviews nutritional quality of soya products for non-ruminants.
All chapters are written by international experts and provide comprehensive analyses of issues alongside practical applications. This book is essential reading for anyone involved in the livestock industry, including nutritionists, feed suppliers, researchers, consultants, animal science students, legislators and veterinary practitioners.
- Low protein diets for dairy cows
- Mineral requirements and responses of dairy cows
- Mineral supply and health of dairy cows
- Pre-calving nutrition and health of cows and calves
- Dairy systems based on home-grown or by-products feeds
- Prediction of production responses to nutrition in dairy cows
- Global trends in feed and milk prices
- Carbon footprint of animal feeds
- Legislation affecting the animal feed industry
- Diet effects on environmental impact of broilers
- Peas and beans in pig diets
- Mucosal immunity in pigs
- Feeding the pig for gut health
- Pig health and production efficiency
- Soya products for non-ruminants
There are no reviews for this book - be the first to review it by using the form below.
Additional informationISBN13: 9781899043576
Delivery costs for this book
This books weighs: 545g
|Rest of World||£9.50|